Les Mills - BODYPUMP™
BODYPUMP™ is the original barbell class that shapes, tones and strengthens your entire body. Often referred to as ‘Pump’ by those who love it, it’s one of the world’s fastest ways to get in shape. This 60-minute addictive workout challenges all of your major muscle groups by using the best weight-room exercises such as squats, presses, lifts and curls.
The key to BODYPUMP™ is THE REP EFFECT™, a breakthrough in fitness training focusing on high repetition movements with low weight loads. This will help you achieve strength and introduce lean body muscle conditioning. With the latest chart topping music, highly trained instructors and your choice of weight, you will get the results you are looking for – and fast!
BODYPUMP™ class begins with a warmup to get your body moving and slowly starting to work your muscles with light weights only. Your instructor will then guide you through the main part of the workout, focusing on each of the major muscle groups, sculpting your legs, back, shoulders, chest and abdominals. We guarantee you will feel the burn by the time you reach the cool down. Finally, slower tempo music will accompany you as you stretch your muscles and cool down to help reduce muscle soreness and assist in recovery.
How will BODYPUMP™ benefit me?
- Burn up to 600 calories per class
- Improve your strength
- Perform 70-100 repetitions per body part totaling up to 800 repetitions in a single workout
- Improve your general fitness
- Shape and tone your muscles
- Protect your bones and joints from injuries
- Feel more confident
How often should I do BODYPUMP™?
Your muscles will feel a little sore after your first BODYPUMP™ class, but keep at it. It’ll get easier, we promise! After your first few classes we recommend a maximum of two to three classes a week. Remember, your body needs recovery time between workouts, so rest for at least one day between classes.
What should I wear/bring to BODYPUMP™?
- Wear comfortable workout clothing which allows ease of movement for exercises such as squats, over head pressing and lunging.
- We recommend cross-trainer gym shoes over running shoes, because they’ll give you better foot support for the types of movement which you’ll be doing in BODYPUMP™
- Bring a drink bottle and a sweat towel